- Provides 1300 mg of phospholipid complex.
- Combination of three forms of pure phospholipids for rapid cell absorption.
- Adequate PC and choline levels contribute to healthy brain, heart, and liver function.
- Available in both soft gel and liquid formations.
The Role of Phosphatidylcholine in the Human Body
The first thing to know about phosphatidylcholine (PC), a rich source of choline, is that it is naturally present in every cell of the human body. It should therefore come as no surprise that PC has a number of important roles to play in a wide range of bodily systems and functions.
But what exactly is PC, and the choline it contains? PC can be thought of as being very similar to lecithin, however, unlike lecithin, it is not technically a fat. Rather, it is a chemical compound which some research indicates may act as a sort of detergent for breaking down fat.1
Meanwhile, choline itself is an essential component to the synthesis of a brain chemical known as acetylcholine. This is the reason that PC supplements are so often recommended for supporting brain health and various aspect of cognitive function. Acetylecholine serves as an essential neuromodulator for the brain and central nervous system.2
Aside from brain health, choline is most notorious for its essential role in liver function, as well as for providing extensive cardiovascular support.
Why the Need for PC Supplements?
It’s obvious that the human body must have an adequate supply of PC to thrive, but if it is already present in every cell of the human body then why the need for PC supplements? While choline deficiencies are relatively rare, it is estimated by the NIH that over half of the US population doesn’t receive adequate levels of choline from their diet. This estimate skyrockets to 90%-95% for pregnant women!3
While a choline deficiency is undoubtedly a severe health problem, less is known about the results of inadequate choline intake. However, it’s best not to take chances with any compound that plays such a pivotal role in human health. That’s why BodyBio has developed this highly bioavailable Phosphatidylcholine formulation. If you fear that you are one of the majority of Americans who lacks sufficient PC intake in your daily diet, then this supplement is for you.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.