Research has suggested that the active ingredients found in BioProstate may be linked to improved function of the prostate gland, leading to overall better health of the prostate.
BioProstate may work to assist in reducing the frequency of urination, as well in protecting the body against a variety of disorders.
- Pumpkin seed, found in BioProstate, has been used to help reduce enlarged prostate glands.
- It is possible that a diet rich in lycopene, found in tomatoes and other foods, may help to reduce prostate disease.9
- Zinc, found in BioProstate, may play a significant role in maintaining the health of the prostate gland.10
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 60
|Zinc (aspartate)||10 mg|
|Saw palmetto berry extract (Serenoa serrulata) (25% fatty acids)||630 mg|
|Lycopene (5%)||200 mg|
|Nettle leaf extract (Urtica dioica) (4:1)||150 mg|
|Pygeum bark extract (Pygeum africanum) |
|Pumpkin seed (Curcurbita pepo)||80 mg|
|Beta sitosterol (40% sterols)||15 mg|
|Other Ingredients: |
Cellulose, rice flour, silica.
|Contains soy (from sitosterols)|
Dosage and Use:
- As a dietary supplement, take 1-2 capsules two times per day or as directed by your healthcare professional.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Gyorkey F, Sato CS. In vitro zinc-binding capacitiesof normal, hyperplastic and carcinomatoushuman prostate gland. Exp Mol Pathol 8:216-24, 1968.
2. Leake A et al. Interaction between prolactin and zinc in the human prostate gland.J Endocrinol 102(1):73-6, 1984.
3. Leake A et al. The effect of zinc on the 5-alpha-reduction of testosterone by the hyperplastic human prostate gland. J Steroid Biochem 20:651-5., 1984.
4. Fahim MS et al. Zinc treatment for the reductionof hyperplasia of the prostate. Fed Proc 35:36, 1976.
5. Zaichick VY, Sviridova TV, Zaichick SV. Zinc concentration in human prostatic fluid: normal, prostatitis, adenoma and cancer.=Int Urol Nephrol 28(5):687-94, 1996.
6. Werbach MR. Nutritional Influences on Illness:a sourcebook of clinical research, 2nd Ed. Third Line Press, Tarzana Calif. 1993.
7. Niederprum HJ, Schweikert HU, Zanker KS.Testosteron 5D-reductase inhibition by free fatty acids from Sabal serrulata fruits. PHYTOMEDICINE, 1:127-133, 1994.
10. Zinc status of patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate carcinoma
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.