Vitamins E and B6 have been known to have positive effects on symptoms associated with menstruation. These benefits may include the reduction of irritability, fatigue, and more. Vitamin E may also provide support to the immune and nervous systems.
BioFem PMS contains calcium and magnesium, which serve to encourage healthy estrogen levels by regulating chemicals in the liver. Magnesium may be beneficial in supporting proper levels of dopamine in the brain, possibly preventing the dysfunction of the menstrual cycle.
BioFem PMS contains many herbal ingredients, such as ginger
and blue cohosh, which may be very beneficial in the reduction of cramps, regulating hormonal levels, and providing vitality, energy, and enhanced disease resistance.
- May help to reduce uncomfortable symptoms of menstruation.
- Helps to support balanced chemical levels in the liver and brain, leading to a healthier menstrual cycle.
- May be able to regulate hormonal levels, and provide energy, vitality, and resistance to disease.
Serving Size: 6
Servings Per Container: 15
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
Vitamin E (D-alpha tocopheryl succinate)
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal 5′-phosphate, pyridoxine HCl)
Magnesium (glycinate, citrate, malate)
Black cohosh root extract (Cimicifuga racemosa) (2.5% triterpene glycosides)
Blue cohosh root (Caulophyllum thalictroides) (5:1)
Chasteberry fruit extract (Vitex agnus-castus) (5:1)
Cramp bark (Viburnum opulus) (5:1)
Curcumin extract (Curcuma longa) (95% curcuminoids)
Dong quai root (Angelica sinensis) (6:1)
Wild yam (Dioscorea villosa) (10:1)
Ginger rhizome extract (Zingiber officinalis) (5% gingerols)
Peony root extract (Paeonia lactiflora) (5:1)
Other Ingredients: Cellulose
Contains soy (from vitamin E).
Dosage and Use:
- As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules three times per day starting 10 days prior to menstruation and continuing through the third day of menstruation or as directed by your healthcare professional.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Bors W, Michel C, Schikora S. Interaction of flavonoids with ascorbate and determination of their univalent redox potentials: a pulse radiolysis study. Free Rad Biol Med. 19:45-52, 1995.
2. Cooke MS, Evans MD, Podmore ID, et al. Novel repair action of vitamin C upon in vivo oxidative DNA damage. FEBS Lett. 439:363-367, 1998.
3. Hwang J, Peterson H, Hodis HN, et al. Ascorbic acid enhances 17 beta-estradiol-mediated inhibition of oxidized low density lipoprotein formation. Atherosclerosis. 150:275-284, 2000.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.