- 225 mg of Aloe Ferox leaf powder – the most popular strength.
- Designed primarily for support of those who experience occasional constipation.*
- May provide other aspects of digestive and anti-inflammatory support.*
- Vegetarian, Non-GMO, gluten-free.
- 180 servings per container – a great value!
Understanding the Aloe Lax 225 Formulation
Aloe is a genus of flowering succulent plants with a wide range of nutritional uses. For example, it’s very common to see Aloe applied to light wounds, scars, or sunburns. This is due to its combined anti-inflammatory properties and its support for UV-ray protection.
The exact mechanisms of Aloe’s UV protection properties are unknown, but the presence of a protein antioxidant known as metallothionein has been observed in the skin directly following the administration of Aloe Vera. The free radical scavenging properties of this antioxidant, as well as its support for superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase release in the skin, may act as a counter to the damage of UV-rays.1
Another common example of Aloe usage is for occasional constipation. As a result of its effect on aloe-emodine-9-anthrone, as well as the release of prostaglandin-like materials and mucus secretions, Aloe Vera can increase the amount of water in the intestines and thusly may exhibit a laxative effect in humans. This effect may provide meaningful support for those who experience occasional constipation and other mild digestive complications.2
However, all of the clinical studies referenced above were conducted using Aloe Vera. One factor which distinguishes Bio-Design Aloe Lax 225 from other supplements on the market is its use of Aloe Ferox, also known as Cape Aloe. While there are numerous physical and chemical properties which distinguish Aloe Ferox from Aloe Vera,3 a 2018 review of the composition, ethnobotanical uses, and clinical efficacy of Aloe plants highlighted countless similarities between the two plants.4
That said, given the untested nature of Aloe Ferox, it’s difficult to say for sure how these differences will play out in recipients. Some may be for the better, but there is also greater potential for adverse reactions. As with any dietary supplement, one should always use Aloe Lax 225 with caution and the supervision of a healthcare practitioner.
Recommendations: Not recommended for children under 15.
Storage: Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not take for more than one week, as frequent or prolonged use may result in dependence.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.