- 675 mg of Citrus Bergamot Extract (BPF 47%) per tablet.
- Also contains added ingredients like vitamin C, alpha lipoic acid (ALA), and olive leaf extract.
- May aid in cardiovascular health and provide antioxidant protection for other bodily systems and functions.
- The ONLY supplement approved by the Academia de Bergamotto in Italy.
- No colors, flavors or preservatives. Free of wheat, gluten, fish, egg, dairy and lactose.
- 60 tablets per container.
Bergamot (citrus bergamia) is a distinct form of orange which is native to and grown primarily in Southern Italy. Those who are familiar with the flavor of Earl Gray tea are aware of bergamot’s uniquely delicious citrus taste and soothing aroma. However, its wrinkly green skin gives it a foreign and somewhat unappetizing appearance.
Even though bergamot is part of the same plant family as the oranges you see in the grocery store, it is actually very different in terms of its nutrient composition. As with all citrus fruits, bergamot is a source of vitamin C. However, it also contains a unique profile of phenolic compounds such as neoeriocitrin, neohesperidin, naringin, rutin, neodesmin, rhoifolin and poncirin.1
This high density in phenolic content is one of the primary reasons that bergamot is considered a superfood by some. However it is also the reason that it is not consumed in its raw form like other types of oranges. Polyphenols are often a source of flavor, and fruits which are overly rich in polyphenols typically develop a bitter flavor when eaten straight off the branch.2 This is the reason that bergamot is most commonly consumed in the form of essential oils, supplements, and of course Earl Gray tea. It is also the reason that so few people have ever even seen a fresh bergamot fruit!
Nutritional Benefits of Polyphenols & BergaMet Pro+
Polyphenols bring a lot more to the table than bitterness. In fact, many of the most prominent antioxidant compounds know to nutritional experts are polyphenols (quercetin, resveratrol, etc). The vast majority of the phenolic contents of bergamot listed above deliver substantial antioxidant and anti-inflammatory support as well.1
In addition to this, bergamot supplements are commonly recommended for use in maintaining the balance of cholesterol levels already within a healthy range.* Multiple studies have investigated the validity of this recommendation, and have yielded some promising results.3,4
BergaMet Pro+ is one of the premier dietary supplements to offer a nutrient blend which is centered around bergamot extract. In addition to natural antioxidant polyphenol content, BergaMet Pro+ also contains ingredients like vitamin C, alpha lipoic acid (ALA), and olive leaf extract. All and all, this supplement is an antioxidant powerhouse with a completely novel formulation. If you’re looking for additional antioxidant protection in your diet, look no further than BergaMet Pro+!
Caution: Do not take during pregnancy or when lactating. Supplements should not replace a balanced diet
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.