- 335 mg proprietary blend includes proteolytic enzymes Pepsin, Bromelain, Papain, Pancreatin, Trypsin, Chymotrypsin, and more!
- Also features potent natural ingredients like Rutin and Shiitake Mushroom Powder.
- May provide nutritional support for digestive health, joint health, the immune system, and the cardiovascular system.
- Enteric coating is designed to deliver proper absorption in the small intestine, as opposed to the stomach.
- 450 single-tablet servings per container – an awesome value!
Nutrizyme & Proteolytic Enzymes
When most people think of enzymes as a supplemental ingredient, their minds immediately jump to digestive enzymes. This is reasonable given the importance of digestive enzymes in absorbing nutrients from food, and their prevalence in dietary supplements. However, the term ‘digestive enzyme’ is a bit too vague to encapsulate the entire role that these enzymes play in the human body.
Rather than yet another generic “digestive enzyme supplement”, Nutrizyme from American Nutraceuticals is a specially formulated proteolytic enzyme formula. So, what exactly differentiates proteolytic enzymes from standard digestive enzymes?
Whereas common digestive enzyme ingredients like Lipase and Amylase are used for breaking down fats and carbohydrates respectively, proteolytic enzymes break down protein into peptides and amino acids.1 This role is crucial to human health, not just for digestive purposes, but also due to the importance of essential amino acids which can only be obtained via dietary intake.
Some of the most prominent proteolytic enzymes include Pepsin, Bromelain, Papain, Pancreatin, Trypsin and Chymotrypsin, all of which are included in the Nutrizyme formula. Aside from their inherent impact on the digestive system, these ingredients may also provide support for the immune system due to their effect on the immunoglobulin superfamily of proteins.2 The cardiovascular system and joint health may be impacted by these enzymes as well.3,4*
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.