Melatonin is best known for its significant role in regulating sleep cycles. It is less known for possessing substantial antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. This highly bioavailable cream formulation of Melatonin from Zetpil is designed to provide superior absorption rates when compared to oral intake.
- Precision dose (25 mg) of the highest quality melatonin
- A potent antioxidant and free radical scavenger
- Has been extensively studied for potential anti-inflammatory support
- May be helpful in developing a healthy sleep cycle
- Bypasses degradation in digestive tract that occurs with oral supplements
- Provides deep penetrating absorption through the skin in an all-natural, topical cream
Basic Melatonin Sleep Support Facts
Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone which is generated in the pineal gland of the human body. The primary role of Melatonin in the body is to regulate a healthy sleep cycle. Human bodies generate melatonin at an accelerated rate in the dark to prepare for sleep, and at a decelerated rate in the light in order to support energy levels and alertness throughout the day. Those who may be experiencing difficulties with keeping a regular sleep schedule, or who find themselves losing energy and focus in the daytime, might be subject to defects in their melatonin production.1
While melatonin is naturally produced in the human body, it can also be obtained in small quantities from a number of common foods like oranges, olive oil, and rice. Due to the bioavailability of melatonin from food sources being so low, certain situations require larger and more targeted doses. To attend to this demand for superior intake of melatonin, the hormone has long been synthesized for use in dietary supplements that are designed to provide a variety of doses and improved overall bioavailability.
Melatonin’s Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Properties
It’s undeniable that melatonin is best known for its role in regulating sleep cycles. However, this often causes people to overlook the fact that melatonin is one of the most effective antioxidants available for dietary supplementation. In fact, melatonin is thought by many experts to be a powerful agent for supporting the body’s resistance to free radicals and the proliferation of oxidative stress. In addition to this, melatonin is thought to posses anti-inflammatory properties.2,3 Melatonin is well worth supplementing for regardless of the health of one’s sleep cycle.
Melatonin is considered to be one of the most effective and easily absorbed antioxidants on the supplement market.4 However, capsule forms of melatonin offer very poor absorption rates because they must pass through the digestive tract where their potency is heavily degraded. This cream based melatonin supplement greatly improves upon these rates by bypassing the digestive tract via direct absorption through the skin.
Contraindications: This product is contraindicated in persons with known hypersensitivity to phospholipids, sesame seeds or any of the ingredients.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.