Vitaltox EDTA Suppositories are designed to support natural heavy metal detoxification systems in the body. Contains a unique combination of CaNa(2) EDTA and ascorbyl palmitate in an advanced and all natural suppository base. The result is a potent EDTA suppository that melts in as little as 5 to 6 minutes with a high percentage of the dose absorbed in 20-30 minutes.
- Contains CaNa(2) EDTA and vitamin C in the form of ascorbyl palmitate
- EDTA is designed to attract and bind heavy metals in the blood
- Supports the excretion of heavy metal in the urine
- Antioxidant properties of vitamin C further slow the accumulation of oxidative stress
- EDTA suppositories are designed to dissolve fast and release their content slowly into the blood from the porous tissues of the lower bowels
Why Turn to Heavy Metal Detox
There are many metals which play a beneficial role in the body. However, there are others, such as lead and mercury, which are considered to be toxic and generally harmful substances. These toxic heavy metals have the potential to cause substantial damage to multiple bodily systems if left unchecked in excessive concentrations.
One significant negative effect of toxic heavy metals in the body is that they generate free radicals. The term free radical is used to describe an atom which possess an unpaired electron. These atoms seek out a pair for their unpaired electron by stealing one from otherwise stable atoms throughout the tissues of the body. This initiates a chain reaction of cellular damage and imbalance referred to as oxidative stress. Recent studies suggest that oxidative stress may even play a central role in the aging process.1
EDTA and Ascorbyl Palmitate
Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) is a chemical which is designed to bind to toxic heavy metals like lead, mercury, and aluminum. Bound metals are incapable of causing damage to the body. They are flushed from the bloodstream and excreted from the body via the urinary tract. This system of toxic materials being flushed out from the body through the urine is an entirely natural one. EDTA exists to support this system by increasing concentrations of metal excreted in any given urination, and by preventing metals in the bloodstream from causing damage before the body is able to evacuate them.
This all-natural and highly absorbable suppository base from VitalTox also contains vitamin C in the form of ascorbyl palmitate. The reasons for this are many. One is that vitamin C is thought to support a standard and healthy flow of blood.2 For this reason vitamin C may support the function and efficiency of EDTA in the body. Vitamin C also has powerful antioxidant properties which further contribute to neutralizing free radicals and slowing the spread of oxidative stress.
Important Considerations When Using EDTA
We strongly urge you to work with a healthcare professional before supplementing with EDTA. It is important to find a detox regimen that is right for your body, and your personal level of bodily toxicity. Here are some links that may be of interest when talking to your health advisor:
- Heavy Metal Toxicity Physiological Effects
- The 5 Most Toxic Heavy Metals
- DMSA – EDTA Comparison Chart
Though EDTA is safe for consumption, it’s important to use EDTA responsibly by finding a detox regimen that is appropriate for your body through consultation with a healthcare professional. Excessive chelation can lead to liver damage and other complications. Irresponsible use can also leave the body deprived of crucial antioxidants and nutrients such as glutathione, taurine, melatonin, N-acetyl-L-cysteine, and vitamin C. For this reason, we recommend the following products to be used in conjunction with a EDTA detox regimen in order to supplement for any nutrient imbalances that may be caused within the body:
- Melatonin Cream or Melatonin Suppositories
- Reduced Glutathione Spray Pump
- NAC Cream
- Vitamin C and R-Lipoic Acid Drops
If you experience any adverse effect, discontinue and contact your healthcare provider before resuming use. This product contains no hidden coatings, excipients, binders, fillers, shellacs, artificial colors, fragrance, diary, wheat, egg, yeast, gluten, corn, sugar, starch, preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
- You may store the suppositories in the refrigerator to avoid melting and to facilitate insertion.
- If the suppository softens, it will reconstitute/harden by putting the softened suppository it in the refrigerator for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Store out of reach of young children.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use if the suppository shell has been opened.
- Do not use if allergic or sensitive to phospholipids, sesame seeds or any of the active ingredients.
- If nausea, vomiting or rash occurs, decrease dosage or discontinue use.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding please consult your physician before taking this or any other product
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.