When we go about our daily lives, everyday tasks such as walking and reaching puts stress on our joints. Over time, this stress can cause weakened joint cartilage, baring small collagen fibers. The immune system can confuse these collagen fibers as unfamiliar cells, and attacks the cartilage in your own joints.Before you know it, you find yourself suffering from inflammation and joint soreness.
Life Extension® offers Bio-Collagen with Patented UC-II® – a unique type of undenatured type II collagen from chicken cartilage. Taken by mouth, UC-II® embarks on a journey to the intestinal tract where it acquaints the immune system to the very collagen molecules it previously rejected.
Research has shown that UC-II® lessened sensitive joint discomfort and relaxed joint function.1,6-10 One double-blind, placebo-controlled study on patients found that UC-II® provided alleviation by 33%, and reduced joint discomfort scores by an incredible 40% in only 90 days.1
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
UC-II® standardized chicken cartilage (providing 10 mg undenatured type II collagen)
Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), potassium chloride, silica.
UC-II® is a registered trademark of InterHealth Nutraceuticals, Inc. U.S. Patent Nos. 5,645,851, 5,637,321, 5,529,786, 5,750,144, 7,083,820, 7,846,487, EP1435906 B1 and worldwide patents pending.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule daily preferably on an empty stomach, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Int J Med Sci. 2009;6(6):312-21.
2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1986 Oct;83(19):7443-6.
3. Int Immunopharmacol. 2011 Jan;11(1):12-8.
4. Int J Clin Pharmacol Res. 2002;22(3-4):101-10.
5. Immunol Rev. 2005;206:232-59.
6. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2005 Aug;28(4):385-90.
7. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2007 Jun;30(3):275-8.
8. Toxicol Mech Methods. 2007;17(4):189-96.
9. J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl). Epub 2011 May 30.
10. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2009 Dec;32(6):577-84.
11. Effects of orally administered undenatured type II collagen against arthritic inflammatory diseases: a mechanistic exploration.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.