5 Best Supplements for Post-Bariatric Surgery Patients (2019)
Loss of excess weight can be a new chapter that breathes new life into you!
Thanks to modern Bariatric Procedures, Gastric Bypass Surgery and other weight loss surgeries are now both minimally invasive and commonly performed in 2019 (1).
Can we give a hand to our National Institutes of Health? (*big applause*)
While your stomach and small intestine heal, your amount of food and physical activity are restricted. A decreased intake of food restricts both calories and nutrients, which can possibly create nutrient deficiencies (2). You will need to find Supplements that do not interact with the stomach and small intestine; primarily Rectal Suppositories and Transdermal Patches (3,4). Serious Health problems can arise from a nutrient deficiency, so I wrote this article to highlight the 5 Best Supplements that Post-Bariatric Surgery Patients need to support long term nutrition.
These 5 Best Supplements include:
- Complete Multivitamin and Mineral with Iron
- Calcium and Magnesium
- Vitamin D with Calcium
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
What is Gastric Bypass Surgery?
What does a Gastric Bypass do? Great question!
Gastric Bypass Surgery, or Bariatric Procedures, is a type of surgery shrinks the size of the stomach and small intestine (5). Bariatric Procedures are also known as “Roux En Y Gastric Bypass Surgeries.” With the procedure comes a strict Gastric Bypass Diet that comes with Gastric Bypass Side Effects such as restricted calories and nutrients that the body can become severely deficient in (6). Although the procedure can safely and effectively remove excess weight, additional Gastric Bypass Side Effects may stem beyond nutrient deficiencies and body weight. They even include Sleep Apnea (7). Because of modern medicine, Bariatric Procedures are not dangerous; but Nutrient Deficiencies need to be taken very seriously (8).
Read on to get the inside scoop about these 5 Best Supplements…
5 Best Supplements for Post-Gastric Bypass Surgery
Liquid and capsule supplements are not recommended in the initial months after Bariatric Procedures; you need to allow your stomach and small intestine to heal (9). Zetpil Suppositories and Patch MD Transdermal Patches are natural supplements available without a prescription. These supplements, especially Zetpil Suppositories; will support your short and long term nutritional needs and can help you avoid health problems like malnourishment.
1.) Zetpil Complete Multivitamin and Mineral with Iron
Zetpil Suppositories bypass the stomach and benefit the body with the highest absorption rates compared to liquid and capsule supplements. (Yes, an 80-85% absorption rate!)
How is this possible?
I explain this topic in great detail here, but simply put; Zetpil Multivitamin and Mineral Suppositories are formulated with essential fatty acids to optimize Iron absorption. Supplementing with Iron is important during Post Bariatric Procedures as Iron boosts levels of Ferritin; a protein shown to support strong bodily functions (10).
Here are the key features that Zetpil Multivitamin and Mineral Suppositories valuable to you:
- Formulated with Cofactors and Essential Fats to optimize absorption of key Vitamins and Minerals
- Contains Elemental Minerals to promote recovery
- The base is a proprietary blend of Natural Plant and Fruit Butters
- Boosts levels of Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C and Vitamin D
- 80-85% Absorption compared to 20-30% with Liquid and Oral Supplements
- Rectal Suppositories are safe for Post Weight Loss Surgeries
2.) Zetpil Calcium and Magnesium
Did you know Calcium and Magnesium should be taken together?
Read on to get the Health Tip…
Calcium and Magnesium have a fascinating relationship. For the body to build stronger bones with Calcium, it needs Magnesium to metabolize the Calcium molecule (11).
Zetpil Calcium and Magnesium Suppositories are formulated with a proprietary blend of the purest extracts, delivering 160 mg of Elemental Calcium and 200 mg of Elemental Magnesium. Recent Scientific Studies show that Serum Calcium levels should be evaluated by your doctor every 6 months (12). Another study observed individuals experiencing intestinal malabsorption may require long term supplementation of Elemental Calcium, the daily dosage is 480 mg or 2-3 Zetpil Suppositories per day (13).
Zetpil Suppositories can be safely taken by mouth and are considered a dietary supplement in accordance with current FDA Guidelines.
These are the Key Features of Zetpil Calcium/Magnesium Suppositories:
- Infused with Elemental Calcium and Magnesium; the purest solvent-free extracts on the market!
- The base is made with Natural Plant and Fruit Butters
- Naturally boosts levels of Magnesium to support Calcium production in the body
- Highest Reviews for personal nutrient programs
- Safe for Post Bariatric Procedures
Dosage and Uses for Zetpil Suppositories
- Per the Zetpil Formulator, 2 to 3 Suppositories is recommended daily
- Can be taken by mouth
- Click here for complete instructions on How to Insert Suppositories
3.) PatchMD Vitamin D and Calcium
Have you heard why people are getting excited about Patch MD Transdermal Patches?
Think highest absorption with the simplest application in the world. Just peel and place on your skin!
Vitamin D deficiency is a world-wide health problem. (14) Maintaining your Vitamin D levels is especially important after weight loss surgeries to decrease inflammation and strengthen your immune system (15).
But how can you boost your levels when your stomach cannot receive liquid or capsule supplements?
The answer is a Patch. But not just any patch, I’m talking about a true innovation to the Supplement Industry (16).
PatchMD Vitamin D3/Calcium Patches bypass the stomach and boost levels of Vitamin D. Vitamin D3 works synergistically with Calcium to support bone health, anti-inflammatory responses and bone health (17). It is important to use a supplement that exercises this synergistic relationship (18). PatchMD is my choice because it delivers Vitamin D in the highest potency.
Recommended daily dosage during the recovery phase is 800 to 1,000 IU of Vitamin D (19). One patch delivers 2000 IU of Vitamin D3 and 1000 mg of Calcium.
4.) PatchMD Vitamin B12 Energy Plus Patch
Scientific studies suggest low levels of Vitamin B12 can plummet energy levels and damage Gastrointestinal functions (20). Because foods high in Vitamin B12 are mostly dairy, fish and meat; patients recovering from Bariatric procedures need to find a supplement that bypasses the stomach (21).
The recommended daily dosage is 500 mcg, but PatchMD Vitamin B12 Patches deliver 1,000 mg along with other key benefits for post-Bariatric patients:
- Bypass the stomach.
- Also contains Vitamin B6, Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid) to be a complete Vitamin B Supplement.
- Enhanced nutrient content to boost levels of homocysteine in the blood (22).
- Patches are made with a natural material that does not cause skin irritation.
- Made in USA.
5.) PatchMD Vitamin C Plus Topical Patches
Boosting your Immune System during Gastric Bypass Recovery is very important to fight infection as well as other Gastric Bypass Surgery Complications that can arise from a weak immune system (23). Because Oranges and other Vitamin C Fruits and Vegetables are restricted as part of your Gastric Bypass Diet, I recommend Patch MD Vitamin C patches to boost your Immune System with natural Citrus Bioflavonoids and Quercertin.
Vitamin C is a water-soluble nutrient with time-proven Antioxidant benefits (24). Recent Scientific Studies show Natural Citrus Bioflavonoids and Quercertin may enhance the body’s ability to use Vitamin C to strengthen your white blood cells (25).
Applying a Patch MD Vitamin C is as simple as peel and stick. Make sure you stick your Patch with these instructions…
How to Apply PatchMD Transdermal Patches
- Find an area of skin without hair (shaving the key is recommended).
- Before applying, apply a gentle layer of Hydrogen Peroxide to clean and prime for the skin for maximum absorption (26).
- When skin is dry, apply your Patch .
- Leave Patch on skin for 8 hours (there is no benefit past 8 hours).
- Patches are not waterproof.
*All PatchMD patches are made in the USA and can be worn during sleep
So can you die from Gastric Bypass Surgery?
The answer is no.
Gastric Bypass Surgery Recovery is safe, but you need to use Supplements that do not interrupt the healing process.
Support groups such as the Facebook Community “Bariatric Surgery and Gastric Sleeve Support Group” host an upwards of 50,000 companions. These support groups foster long term connections, encourage one another with physical activity challenges and recommend diet and exercise routines.
While community is foundational to your success, 5 Best Supplements for Post-Bariatric Surgery Patients will help you avoid Gastric Bypass Surgery Complications.
- Zetpil Multivitamin and Mineral Suppositories – Optimized absorption of all your essential Vitamins and Minerals as well as Iron supports strong bodily and immune functions
- Zetpil Calcium and Magesium Suppositories – Support bone health with Elemental Calcium and Magnesium
- Patch MD Vitamin D3 and Magnesium – Decrease inflammation with the most innovation Transdermal Supplements on the market
- Patch MD Vitamin B12 Energy Plus Patch – Don’t risk a B12 Deficiency during the recovery process. While you restrict meat and fish, use these Patches to supplement your levels of B12.
- Patch MD Vitamin C Plus Topical Patch – Build your Immune System with enhanced Vitamin C.
Thank you for taking the time to read 5 Best Supplements for Post-Bariatric Surgery Patients (2019).
Your success is our passion. If you have any questions or contributions, please contact us via email or phone-call. We are constantly looking for new information to promote wellness – and hearing from you would make our day! Feel free to reach out to our free Health and Wellness Consultation headed by our Certified Health Consultant, Kurt LaCapruccia, D.S.S. (Diploma in Dietary Supplement Science).
Live Vibrantly! – DR Vitamin Solutions