We all need glutathione, this vital nutrient and is the natural antioxidant the body produces on its own. Age, disease, and lifestyle can cause the body to stop making enough, and supplementing your body with glutathione becomes essential for maintaining your best health. Here at DR Vitamins we know the importance of glutathione and want to help you build a glutathione pipeline which will in turn provide great health benefits. And not just for you, your friends and family as well. The more people who know about glutathione and what it does for the body, the more it can improve the health of society as a whole!
Dr. Mark Hyman says this about glutathione, “It is the most important molecule you need to stay healthy and prevent aging, cancer, heart disease, dementia and more, and necessary to treat everything from autism to Alzheimer’s disease. I called it the mother of all antioxidants.” There are a number of ways to increase the body’s glutathione, diet, absorption, and development. Diet includes eating foods rich in glutathione and glutathione producing compounds, absorption involves utilizing the best ways of getting the highest amounts of glutathione in your system, and development is strengthening the body’s glutathione production methods.
Diet is the first step in promoting glutathione production, the following are great nutritious foods that help improve glutathione levels and overall health.
- Sulfur rich foods like garlic and onions.
- Cruciferous vegetables including broccoli, kale, collards, cabbage, cauliflower, and watercress.
- Eggs and meat which contain good sources of sulfur.
- Fresh fruit: Of the fruit family avocado is highest in sulfur content. Others rich in sulfur include kiwi, bananas, pineapple, strawberries, melons, grapefruit, grapes, oranges and peaches.
- Other things we can eat to increase glutathione are grains, sesame seeds, cashews, peanuts, pistachios and other nuts.
Delivery. There are only two delivery systems that are effective in getting glutathione directly into our system. Foods and traditional supplements can help the body make its own glutathione, but due to problems with absorption and bioavailability there are no effective glutathione tablets or pills. Liposomal delivery and suppositories offer great absorption and are effective in boosting glutathione levels. Liposomal formulas are liquid supplements which are taken by mouth, the difference between them and swallow-able tablet supplements is that they are absorbed immediately into the body once in contact with the mouth thanks to phospholipids. Suppositories bypass the digestive system and allow the glutathione directly into the bloodstream, and can be absorbed in the highest amounts. We suggest glutathione suppositories from Zetpil, and both Quicksilver Scientific and Results RNA offer the best quality liposomal methods.
Development; it is essential that we use good building blocks to help build our glutathione levels. Supplements that promote the production and retention of glutathione are just as important as good foods and glutathione itself in promoting your best health. Here are the top supplements that set up an internal environment where the body can produce and maintain the most glutathione.
- N Acetyl Cysteine: A precursor to glutathione that helps your body make it. Life Extension sells a great NAC supplement that is both high quality and affordable.
- Whey protein: A great source of cysteine and the amino acid building blocks for glutathione synthesis. Life Vitality has the one we recommend the highest, after all of our research and testing HydroSize by Life Vitality offers the highest absorption and is the easiest to digest. Using whey protein supplements can also improve muscle building and promote healthy weight.
- Ascorbate C: A variety of the essential vitamin C, it helps you retain glutathione longer at the cellular level. This makes the glutathione the body produces last longer and capable of doing more good for the body before it needs to be replaced. We Pharmax for this, their Vital Mixed Ascorbates, with natural fruit antioxidants is easy to absorb, highly effective, improves immune system health, and the added fruit antioxidants can boost glutathione’s strength in protecting and healing the body.
Exercise can also improve glutathione levels, as well as overall health. 30 minutes of aerobic exercise at least 3 times a week and strength training exercises a few times a week are helpful and when combined with healthy diet, delivery, and development methods leads to great results.
If you’d like more information on glutathione, methods of increasing your glutathione levels, or any of the products we recommend, our health consultants are available to help you reach your health goals implementing these important strategies. Consultations are always free, with no pressure to buy, and we even have certified health consultants on staff to help provide our customers with the very best.
In order to make improving your glutathione levels the easiest for everyone, and with different options for different people, we have created new packages specially designed by our health consultants for maximum glutathione health. Our packages include:
- Gold package: Zetpil Glutathione Suppositories, Life Vitality HydroSize Whey protein, Pharmax ascorbate C, and Life Extension N Acetyl Cysteine.
- Silver package: Quicksilver Sscientific Liposomal Glutathione, Life Vitality HydroSize Whey protein, and Pharmax ascorbate C.
- Bronze package: Results RNA ACG Glutathione Liposomal Spray and Life Extension N Acetyl Cysteine.
By Kurt LaCapruccia, DR Vitamin Solutions