Let’s face it – we all can’t age as well as George Clooney! DR Vitamin Solutions has this expert recommendation to provide you with the tools to turn back the clock.
Hydrogen Peroxide: The Surprise Culprit
Hair is naturally colored by oil cells next to the hair follicle . The University of Berkeley published a study demonstrating how hydrogen peroxide gradually washes out the oil cells next to the hair follicle. The absence of these oil cells reduces melanin, the body’s natural pigment that gives eyes, skin, and hair their color. .
Science lists several additional factors causing gray hair. These outside factors encompass lifestyle and dietary regimens from high stress levels to build-ups of bacteria sourced from unhealthy diets. These diets consist of refined sugars, processed food, beached white flours, and/or consistent smoking habits . There was never a better time to find an alternative to Wonder Bread.
Reversal: The Two Approaches
Let’s discuss how to reverse graying. Within mainstream thinking, there are two schools of thought:
- Chemical-Coloring- Most people rely on hair dyes to restore natural hues to graying hair. Hair dyes contain harmful chemicals that may cause allergic reactions and other health problems.
- Curing Gray Hair Natually- Supplements provide safe and effective results without exposure to harmful substances. These supplements contain specific ingredients that prevent hair from turning gray.
Hair Dyes are not a long-term solution. Understanding the history of the health movement will put natural alternatives into better perspective.
DR Vitamin’s “A History in Health”
Did you know the “Anti-Aging Movement” began nearly 100 years ago? Dr. Elie Metchnikoff, the “Father of Immunity,” was a Russian-born biologist who developed a theory that fermented foods, naturally containing probiotics, will reverse the aging process .
Closely monitoring his personal diet largely consisting of fermented foods, Metchnikoff outlived the established norm of his day. Where most males were lucky to reach the age of 40, Metchnikoff lived to 71. Some of the benefits of a diet consisting of Probiotics include:
- Maximum “Full Throttle” Energy
- Increased Flexibility
- Hair Does Not Turn Gray
- Slowed Aging Process
- Healthier Gut
- Thicker, Healthier Hair
- Younger Appearance
Supplements Vs. Salon
Completely opposite to Metchnikoff’s position, the mainstream alternative to gray hair is using hair dye and chemicals. The three main types of chemical coloring have a laundry list of unpronounceable chemicals. These chemicals are possible causes of for bladder, breast and lymphoma cancers. . The three categories of hair dyes include:
- Temporary Dyes- Temporary Dyes are a surface level treatment which do not penetrate the inner follicle of the hair shaft. These dyes are designed to be completely washed-out between one to three washes. Science has not attached inherent danger in relation to these dyes, they are relatively safe.
- Semi-Permanent Dyes- Semi-Permanent dyes span five to ten washes without altering the chemical make-up of the hair follicle. The level of danger increases with these dyes as more chemicals are introduced to promote the longevity of the coloring.
- Permanent Hair Dyes- CHEMICALS GALORE! Permanent Hair Dyes are commonly known as “Coal Tar Dyes.” These dyes are made from petroleum distillates mixed with hydrogen peroxide to create a chemical reaction. Question. If Hydrogen Peroxide washing-out the oil cells is a cause of graying, how could more Hydrogen Peroxide solve this problem?
Science cannot prove or disprove whether Semi-Permanent and Permanent Hair Dyes are a cause of cancer. . The American Cancer Society cites the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) “a conclusion has been reached that workplace exposure as a hairdresser or barber is probably carcinogenic to humans.” The National Toxicology Program (NTP) does not affirm that hair dyes lead to cancer. The NTP has classified certain chemicals used in hair dyes as “reasonably anticipated to be human carcinogens.”
The Top 6 Supplements To Naturally Restore Hair Color
Supplements and a holistic diet will not fight your genetics, but can certainly help fight graying hair. Below is DR Vitamin’s 6 Step Recommendation to reverse gray hair with a natural and safe approach.
One of the most important ingredients found in the best gray hair supplements is catalase. Recent scientific studies have shown that having low levels of catalase in the body can cause hair to turn gray . Hydrogen peroxide cannot be processed when catalase levels are low. The excess hydrogen peroxide bleaches the hair from the inside out, causing it to turn white or gray.
2. Argan Oil
Endorsed by Dr. Oz, Argan oil restores the natural texture of hair . Argan oil is rich in fatty acids, proven to turn back the clock on the appearance of aging. As hydrogen peroxide erodes the essential oils and nutrients moisturizing the scalp, gray hairs will ensue. Additional nutrients proven to be essential in replenishing the scalp with essential oils include Omega 3 Fatty Acids and Vitamin E.
To apply Argan oil, simply rinse your hair with a deep cleaning natural shampoo containing Biotin, Coconut Oil and Keratin. Apply a liberal amount of Argan Oil while the hair is damp and allow the oil to sit for a few minutes. Allowing the oil to sit for a few minutes allows the Omega 3 Fatty Acids and Biotin to work together in replenishing your scalp hair with the critical nutrients and essential oils it needs to grow your natural hair color.
3. Vitamin B
Vitamin B is your trusty sidekick in your battle to regain the natural color of your hair. Because stress is a leading factor in acquiring gray hair, Vitamin B5 works with Pantothenic Acid to boost your adrenal gland to produce hormones to combat your body’s stress levels. Consuming foods rich in Vitamin B5 is an alternative method to give your adrenal gland the boost it needs to fight stress, these foods include: eggs, avocados, sweet potato, beef, oily fishes such as tuna and salmon, and sunflower seeds. Vitamin B6, also known as Pyridoxine, strengthens your body’s ability to properly metabolize protein. .
Our bodies need minerals like a fire needs fuel, providing your body with Mega Multivitamins and Minerals is the fuel it needs to combat premature aging, dry skin, gray hair and constipation. We recommend designing a diet rich in minerals and fermented foods to assist in nourishing and detoxifying your system from free radical toxins and external signs of aging.
5. Pantothenic Acid
Pantothenic acid plays a role in the development of hair color. Adding pantothenic acid to the diet in the form of a supplement may reverse graying and/or prevent healthy hair from turning gray.
Biotin improves the integrity of the keratin infrastructure that composes hair and nails.
Four Habits To Follow
Designing a diet rich in minerals and whole foods is the safest alternative to reversing the external signs of aging. We have included four simple guidelines to help you design a diet which will fuel your body to detoxify and thrive.
1. Avoid Refined Sugar
Hydrogen Peroxide levels needs to be decreased in order to reverse graying. When our system is overrun by refined sugars, systematic infections are prone to occur from candida overgrowth in the gut. Bacterial overgrowth comprises the immume system . Optimizing your system with a natural antibacterial defense such as Oregano Leaf is an effective channel to reduce stress on the thyroid in harmony with a reduction in refined sugar.
2. Sleep, The Fountain of Youth?
Sleep is king! The Mayo Clinic suggests 7 to 8 hours of sleep for adults and a minimum of 10 hours of sleep for school aged children . The Stanford Center for Longevity published a study in 2017 recommending adults to refrain from all forms of stimulation two hours before sleep . Training yourself to resist the phone or computer for two hours will prove to be difficult.
3. Ban Processed Foods From Your Diet
Artificial colors and sweeteners do not benefit your health. Soft drinks and processed foods containing Monosodium Glutamate (think chips, sausages, and soups) do not reverse gray because of low nutrient density . Fermented foods are a proven solution to reverse graying. Incorporating foods such as Kefir, Kombucha, Sauerkraut, Pickles, Miso, Tempeh, Natto, Kimchi, Raw Cheese, and Yogurt are examples that will fill your gut with good bugs .
4. Think Twice About Smoking
A study in 2013 showed a significant correlation between smoking and gray hair before the age of 30. As if cigarettes weren’t bad enough already, now they’ll contribute to your gray hair, too!
Thank you for taking the time to read Ingredients in Supplements to Reverse Gray Hair.
Your success is our passion. If you have any questions or contributions, please contact us via email or phone-call. We are constantly looking for new information to promote wellness – and hearing from you would make our day! Feel free to reach out to our free Health and Wellness Consultation headed by our Certified Health Consultant, Kurt LaCapruccia, D.S.S. (Diploma in Dietary Supplement Science).
Live Vibrantly! – DR Vitamin Solutions
P.S.- At the end of the day, we are health-nerds here at DR Vitamin Solutions. We recommend you discover our Gray Hair Rescind as your all-in-one supplement to strengthen your digestive system with the power of Catalase! Or browse the DR Vitamin Probiotics Store for all your good-bug needs.
- Mackowiak, Philip A. Recycling Metchnikoff: Probiotics, the Intestinal Microbiome and the Quest for Long Life. 13 Nov. 2013, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3859987/. Accessed 18 Apr. 2018.
- Gordon S. Elie Metchnikoff: father of natural immunity. Eur J Immunol. 2008Dec;38(12):3257-64. doi: 10.1002/eji.200838855. PubMed PMID: 19039772.
- “Hair Dyes.” American Cancer Society, cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/hair-dyes.html.
- “The Real Cause of Gray Hair (and What It Means for Your Health).” Mercola.com, 19 Mar. 2016, articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/03/19/what-causes-gray-hair.aspx.
- Fox 35 News. “Gray Hair Fact vs. Fiction with Dr. Oz.” YouTube. February 26, 2015. Accessed April 19, 2018. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5wrqbq2f9o.
- Boldt, Ethan. “Stop the Sugar Cravings and the Fuzzy Thinking!” Dr. Axe. April 05, 2018. Accessed April 19, 2018. https://draxe.com/candida-symptoms/.
- “Can Lack of Sleep Make You Sick?” Mayo Clinic. June 09, 2015. Accessed April 19, 2018. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/insomnia/expert-answers/lack-of-sleep/faq-20057757.
- stanford.edu. Accessed April 19, 2018. http://longevity.stanford.edu/2017/02/16/the-sleep-cure-the-fountain-of-youth-may-be-closer-than-you-ever-thought/.
- “Gray Hair: Causes, Remedies, and How to Embrace Your Gray.” @berkeleywellness. Accessed April 23, 2018. http://www.berkeleywellness.com/article/gray-hair-untangling-fact-fiction.
- 7 Foods That Cause Grey Hair. (2016, September 08). Retrieved from http://thescienceofeating.com/2016/04/02/7-foods-that-cause-grey-hair/
- Babcock, C. (2017, October 09). 10 Healthiest Fermented Foods & Vegetables. Retrieved from https://draxe.com/fermented-foods/
- Dias, M. F. (2015). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4387693/
- The real cause of gray hair (and what it means for your health). (n.d.). Retrieved from https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/03/19/what-causes-gray-hair.aspx