In this article, you will learn how to make homemade eggnog that is:
The reason – we want to promote healthy, vibrant living by supplying you with a recipe that is even kid-friendly! The holidays are about family, we want to promote the true spirit of the Holiday Season. You can grab a family member or make this recipe with a friend!
Your holiday season is looking healthier than ever with DR Vitamin Solutions. We have worked together with our recipe team to bring an easy, simple and healthy eggnog recipe to make Christmas 2018 your healthiest Christmas yet!
The recipe is not a traditional eggnog recipe as we withheld alcohol and added our natural Ultra Bliss so you can experience the benefits of GABA! I am excited to teach how to make this homemade eggnog from scratch!
Disclaimer– In a future post, we are going to develop a recipe teaching you how to make eggnog without eggs for our vegan readers; but this recipe is still plenty healthy as it cuts out milk and reduces sugar. This is the best cooked eggnog recipe on the planet.
Now that you have all the information, let’s get into the recipe!
How to Make Homemade Eggnog Without Alcohol – Ingredients
You can use this list as a helpful checklist at your local health food store to make easy homemade eggnog. For this recipe, we shopped at Albertsons and were able to find everything very easily. Here are the 8 Eggnog Ingredients:
- 4 Cups Sweetened Almond Milk with Honey (You can use unsweetened almond milk if you want to cut back the sugar)
- 6 Eggs (Cage-Free if you can)
- 2/3 Cup Raw Honey
- 1 Tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1.5 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon (You will need a little more if you want to top it off with Cinnamon)
- 1 Tbsp. Whole Cloves
- 1 Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract (yes, this is a vanilla eggnog recipe in case you were wondering!)
- 1 Tsp. Life Vitality Ultra Bliss
- Sauce Pan (A Deep Pot works as well)
- Hot dish
- Glass Container
The preparation time for this recipe is about 10 minutes with 25 minute cook time. With clean up, this recipe should not take you any more than 40 minutes.
13 Steps How to Make Homemade Eggnog
- Time to pack the blender- Combine the sweetened (or unsweetened) almond milk, egg yolks, nutmeg, raw honey, and cinnamon.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothed mixture into your sauce pan or deep pot.
- Add the whole cloves.
- Place over hot pan on medium.
- Allow to cook for 12-15 minutes. You want to cook it until the mixture to thickens. This will show you the eggs have been cooked. Do not worry if it is frothy, that is completely normal. Do not allow it to boil. If it begins to boil, remove the mixture from the hot pan and whisk quickly until boiling has stopped. This is why we recommend medium heat. You can cook on low but cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the mixture has cooked for 15 minutes, turn off the heat and add your vanilla extract.
- Now begins the straining process – Use your mesh strainer to remove the cloves.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container (preferably glass).
- Place in your refrigerator for 5-8 hours (overnight is fine if you are crafting at night)
- Once Mixture is cool, it is ready to serve!
- We like to sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon on the top, feel free to get creative!
- The last step is to enjoy with friends and family!
- This homemade eggnog recipe is designed for beginners, but intermediates and even experts can joy the process.
- It can serve up to 4 servings with 300 calories per serving.
Thoughts on the Holiday Season
It is very easy to miss the point of the holiday season.
There is no price you can put on family. The most precious gift we can give to our loved ones is our time. Material gifts are important and can carry deep meaning, but nothing rivals the selfless act of giving your time to your family.
This recipe is so much more than ingredients combined in a blender, it is time spent with your children and family; creating Christmas memories that last a lifetime.
My fondest memories at childhood was piecing together puzzle pieces with my mother and grandmother. The material gifts I have received over the years have been meaningful, but nothing comes gentler to my mind than to think of the time we spent looking for the correct piece.
I encourage you to make memories like these this Christmas.
Thank you for taking the time to read How to Make Homemade Eggnog; Healthy Recipes in 2018.
Reach out to our free Health and Wellness Consultation Team headed by our Certified Health Consultant, Kurt LaCapruccia, D.S.S. (Diploma in Dietary Supplement Science). Your success is our passion!
Live Vibrantly! – DR Vitamin Solutions