Author: Kurt LaCapruccia, D.S.S. (Diploma in Dietary Supplement Science)
Updated: November 1, 2018
Is your healthy diet ready for it’s ultimate challenge, the holidays?
Healthy Thanksgiving treats can be the difference between a 180 and 1800 Calorie snack.
To help you stay healthy during the holidays, I have developed this Healthy Thanksgiving Treat that are is simple, easy and inexpensive to make. You can try it today or on Thanksgiving Day when you are feeling the urge for sweets! This Sweet Potato Smoothie is an immune boosting healthy snack, we hope you love it just as much as our team did over here at DR Vitamin Solutions!
I have created a “Step by Step” guide with quality photos so you can know exactly which ingredients to use and how each step looks. If you come up with an additional ingredient to make this recipe better, feel free to reach out to us! Let’s get started.
I shopped at my local Stater Brothers because they carry high quality fruits and vegetables. I was careful to select the best looking produce.
- 1 Cup Sweet Potato– I chopped my sweet potato after letting it bake in the oven for 45 minutes. I did this to help it blend easier. If you have a stronger blender, you can chop the Sweet Potato and blend away!
- 1 Orange (No Peel)- I used Valencia Oranges, feel free to use what you like.
- 2 Tbsp Pecans– I bought Pre-Chopped “Stater Bros Premium Pecans”
- 1/2 Tsp Allspice- I used “McCormick Gourmet” All Natural Ground Jamaican Allspice. It contains Cloves, Cinnamon and Nutmeg to give the smoothie the perfect holiday taste. It works wonders in healthy cookies and cakes as well.
- 1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk– I used “Almond Breeze” Vanilla Almond Milk with Honey Added. I am sure Coconut or Oat Milk would be just as great. Feel free to use the unsweetened version of this product if you wish.
- 1 Tsp. GABA Ultra Bliss– I love GABA Ultra Bliss, I try to add Ultra Bliss to my daily smoothie.
- 1 Cup Ice- I used Ice from Distilled Water.
Total Cost: $19.10
Calories– 195 Calories
What You Will Need
Here is the rundown on the materials you will need to make your smoothie.
2. Cutting Board
3. Measuring cup for 1 Cup (I only had 1/4 cup)
4. Measuring cup for 1 Table Spoon
5. Measuring cup for 1 Teaspoon
Let’s Get Started!
Step 1- Cutting the Orange
Have all your ingredients together before you start peeling and cutting – it all comes together faster than you think!
The first step is cut your whole orange into halves being careful with your knife. Once the halves are cut, peel both halves and place peeled oranges into the blender.
Did you know Vitamin C promotes the formation of Collagen? This smoothie has more health benefits than you may think!
Step 2- Cutting the Sweet Potato
Now that the Orange has been cut, peeled and placed in the blender; you are ready to cut the sweet potato!
Carefully cut the whole Sweet Potato. We recommend cutting the Sweet Potato into circles and then cutting into small squares. You just want to be sure you are not blending sweet potatoes with its skin. Once measured to 1 cup, place in the blender.
Did you know Sweet Potatoes are foods high in Vitamin C? That is why we call this smoothie an “Immune Booster,” Vitamin C supports healthy immune systems. There is no better time to boost your immune system than the holidays!
Step 3- Add the Pecans
Measure 2 tablespoons of Pecans. Add these to the smoothie. Pecans have natural anti-inflammatory properties and also contain monounsaturated fats which promote strong heart health.
Step 4- Add the Allspice
Measure 1/2 teaspoon of Allspice and add it to the blender. Cinnamon, Cloves and Nutmeg have antifungal properties.
Step 5- Add the GABA Ultra Bliss
Add 1 teapsoon of GABA Ultra Bliss to the mix. The Ultra Bliss has a rather neutral taste, but the benefits of GABA make it our favorite supplement to include in all of our smoothies.
Step 6- Add the Almond Milk
Add 1 Cup of your choice of Almond Milk. Almond milk is a healthy alternative to Dairy can help reduce the risk of heart disease.
Step 7- Don’t Forget the Ice!
Add 1 cup of crushed ice to the blender. I used crushed ice from filtrated water to minimize any toxin exposure.
Step 8: Blend and Enjoy!
Hit the blend button and enjoy the holiday flavors of this Sweet Potato Smoothie. We loved ours!
I love this recipe! It is straight forward and packed with healthy nutrients that offer an infinite amount of health benefits compared to candy or cakes. What I loved most about this recipe is how full I felt from the sweet potato.
If you think of a way to improve this recipe, please give us a call we would love to hear from you. We are always on the lookout for new and healthy ways to promote our wellness and healthy weight during the holiday season.
Thank you for taking the time to read Healthy Thanksgiving Treat: Sweet Potato Smoothie.
Reach out to our free Health and Wellness Consultation Team headed by our Certified Health Consultant, Kurt LaCapruccia, D.S.S. (Diploma in Dietary Supplement Science). Your success is our passion!
Live Vibrantly! – DR Vitamin Solutions