Even as some of us get older, we still don’t enjoy the thought of taking our pills. They can get stuck in your throat or can be difficult to swallow. Fortunately this doesn’t mean we can’t participate in a specific vitamin or supplement program to stay as healthy as someone who doesn’t have issues swallowing capsules. Every so often these alternative forms even absorb faster!
Depending on what specific vitamin or supplement you’re looking for, there may be several alternative forms you may not even have thought of. Here is our list of five of the best pill alternatives.
1. Chewable or Dissolvable Tablets – We know what you’re thinking. That these must taste horrible. As technology continues to advance this is no longer true, as manufacturers like Life Extension and Metagenics have created realistic mint flavored lozenges, as well as berry or orange flavored chewable tablets among other options.
2. Oral Sprays or Liquids – Perhaps the most convenient alternative is the oral spray. Our Quicksilver Reduced Glutathione Pump features the most absorbable oral form available. Liquid delivery is almost as easy as the oral spray. Looking for vitamin C supplementation? Empirical Labs Liposomal Vitamin C is a perfect choice.
3. Suppositories – Suppositories like VitalTox MultiVitamian and MultiMineral Plus can offer nearly 100% absorption, and many doctors recommend nutritional and vitamin suppositories as they’re an effective alternative to IV’s without the cost or discomfort.
4. Powders – Powders are another easy way to receive your supplements and get the body the vital nutrition it needs. These can feature support for the heart, blood pressure, cholesterol and more!
5. Creams – There are creams that serve all sorts of purposes. From anti-fungal cream that may be effective against yeast infections, ringworm, and athlete’s foot, to Zetpil’s Arginine Nitro Boost Hyper Absorbable Deep Penetrating Cream that supports blood vessels, blood pressure, and so much more.
As you can see, there is a plethora of options you can consider when it comes to alternatives to taking pills. Depending on the specific product you are looking for, we can recommend options for you. If you have any specific concerns or conditions, we at DR Vitamin Solutions would be happy to make more specific recommendations for you when it comes to these alternatives. Simply leave us a comment or shoot us an email via our contact page. You can also reach us via the social media space.
By David Benic, DR Vitamin Solutions