As previously discussed, the battle for good health is fought on three fronts: diet, exercise, and supplementation. Today we will discuss nutritional supplements, and the importance of using them to benefit your overall health.
The Importance of Using Supplements
Supplements help to get essential nutrients that the body needs into our systems. Ideally, a healthy diet would supply these many of these nutrients. Unfortunately, many people do not eat healthily, and therefore depend on the use of supplements to get these much needed nutrients. In addition to providing nutrients, supplements that are taken carefully can provide other benefits as well, such as:
- Disease Prevention/Immune Strength: Vitamins A, C, and E are powerful antioxidants, destroying harmful chemicals called free radicals. Free radicals can cause oxidative damage to cells, which lead to a number of diseases and complications.
- Tissue Maintenance and Repair: Vitamin D, along with calcium, promote bone strength, and may be able to help prevent osteoporosis. These two minerals are also useful in aiding the body to produce protein, which in turn is used for replacing old, damaged tissue.
- Proper Metabolism: Your body relies on the B vitamins to help break down nutrients consumed in meals, such as proteins, carbohydrates, etc. Taking a vitamin B supplement can help the body to regulate the metabolism, and may prevent certain illnesses related to vitamin deficiency such as joint pain, nerve damage, anemia, and more.
Some Important Reminders
Here are some general safety tips that will go a long way to keeping you safe, and healthy!
- We at DR Vitamin Solutions encourage open dialogue with your doctor. Be sure to let them know what supplements you currently take, if any, and which supplements you are considering. They may be able to help recommend a specific regimen for your needs, and will also monitor your health while you use the supplements.
- Be sure to never exceed the recommended dose, without prior approval from your doctor. Please see our tips for using vitamins safely.
- Make certain that you are purchasing your vitamins from a reputable source. Your health is our top priority, and we do not want to see you be taken advantage of. Please see our tips for finding a trustworthy vitamin provider.
- For more safety tips and helpful information, please see Nutrition.gov’s information on dietary supplements.
We hope that this information has inspired you to consider a healthier way of life, and that you are now enabled to make informed decisions regarding your health. You will never feel better than when you are healthy. It is hard work, but the rewards far outweigh the sacrifices that will need to be made. If you would like, one of our health consultants would be happy to discuss this information further with you, and would be able to recommend specific products to fit your needs. For starters, however, here are a few good options to consider:
- Life Extension Complete Vitamin B Complex, 60 Vegetarian Capsules
- Life Extension Vitamin D3, 5000 IU, 60 Softgels
- Life Extension Vitamin C with Dihydroquercetin, 1000 mg, 60 Tablets
Thanks for reading, and stay healthy!
By David Benic, DR Vitamin Solutions